• Delay Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To move slowly; to stop for a time; to linger; to tarry.
- (n.) To put off; to defer; to procrastinate; to prolong the time of or before.
- (n.) To allay; to temper.
- (v.) A putting off or deferring; procrastination; lingering inactivity; stop; detention; hindrance.
- (n.) To retard; to stop, detain, or hinder, for a time; to retard the motion, or time of arrival, of; as, the mail is delayed by a heavy fall of snow.
• Delayed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Delay