• Delight Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) Licentious pleasure; lust.
- (v. t.) To give delight to; to affect with great pleasure; to please highly; as, a beautiful landscape delights the eye; harmony delights the ear.
- (v. t.) That which gives great pleasure or delight.
- (v. i.) To have or take great delight or pleasure; to be greatly pleased or rejoiced; -- followed by an infinitive, or by in.
- (v. t.) A high degree of gratification of mind; a high- wrought state of pleasurable feeling; lively pleasure; extreme satisfaction; joy.
• Delightedly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) With delight; gladly.