• Delivery Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of giving birth; parturition; the expulsion or extraction of a fetus and its membranes.
- (n.) The act or manner of delivering a ball; as, the pitcher has a swift delivery.
- (n.) The act of delivering up or over; surrender; transfer of the body or substance of a thing; distribution; as, the delivery of a fort, of hostages, of a criminal, of goods, of letters.
- (n.) The act or style of utterance; manner of speaking; as, a good delivery; a clear delivery.
- (n.) The act of delivering from restraint; rescue; release; liberation; as, the delivery of a captive from his dungeon.
- (n.) The act of exerting ones strength or limbs.