• Demanded Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Demand
• Demand Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) The asking or seeking for what is due or claimed as due.
- (v. t.) A thing or amount claimed to be due.
- (v. t.) The act of demanding; an asking with authority; a peremptory urging of a claim; a claiming or challenging as due; requisition; as, the demand of a creditor; a note payable on demand.
- (v. t.) The right or title in virtue of which anything may be claimed; as, to hold a demand against a person.
- (v. t.) A diligent seeking or search; manifested want; desire to possess; request; as, a demand for certain goods; a persons company is in great demand.
- (v. t.) To require as necessary or useful; to be in urgent need of; hence, to call for; as, the case demands care.
- (v. t.) To ask or call for with authority; to claim or seek from, as by authority or right; to claim, as something due; to call for urgently or peremptorily; as, to demand a debt; to demand obedience.
- (v. i.) To make a demand; to inquire.
- (v. t.) To call into court; to summon.
- (v. t.) That which one demands or has a right to demand; thing claimed as due; claim; as, demands on an estate.
- (v. t.) Earnest inquiry; question; query.
- (v. t.) To inquire authoritatively or earnestly; to ask, esp. in a peremptory manner; to question.