• Demise Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To convey, as an estate, by lease; to lease.
- (n.) Transmission by formal act or conveyance to an heir or successor; transference; especially, the transfer or transmission of the crown or royal authority to a successor.
- (n.) The decease of a royal or princely person; hence, also, the death of any illustrious person.
- (v. t.) To transfer or transmit by succession or inheritance; to grant or bestow by will; to bequeath.
- (n.) The conveyance or transfer of an estate, either in fee for life or for years, most commonly the latter.
- (v. t.) To convey; to give.
• Demised Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Demise