• Dependent Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which depends; corollary; consequence.
- (a.) Hanging down; as, a dependent bough or leaf.
- (n.) One who depends; one who is sustained by another, or who relies on another for support of favor; a hanger-on; a retainer; as, a numerous train of dependents.
- (a.) Relying on, or subject to, something else for support; not able to exist, or sustain itself, or to perform anything, without the will, power, or aid of something else; not self-sustaining; contingent or conditioned; subordinate; -- often with on or upon; as, dependent on God; dependent upon friends.
• Dependently Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a dependent manner.