• Depth Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A pair of toothed wheels which work together.
- (n.) The number of simple elements which an abstract conception or notion includes; the comprehension or content.
- (n.) Lowness; as, depth of sound.
- (n.) That which is deep; a deep, or the deepest, part or place; the deep; the middle part; as, the depth of night, or of winter.
- (n.) Profoundness; extent or degree of intensity; abundance; completeness; as, depth of knowledge, or color.
- (n.) The quality of being deep; deepness; perpendicular measurement downward from the surface, or horizontal measurement backward from the front; as, the depth of a river; the depth of a body of troops.
- (n.) The perpendicular distance from the chord to the farthest point of an arched surface.
• Depthen Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To deepen.