• Derelict Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A tract of land left dry by the sea, and fit for cultivation or use.
- (n.) A thing voluntary abandoned or willfully cast away by its proper owner, especially a ship abandoned at sea.
- (a.) Lost; adrift; hence, wanting; careless; neglectful; unfaithful.
- (a.) Given up or forsaken by the natural owner or guardian; left and abandoned; as, derelict lands.
• Dereliction Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A retiring of the sea, occasioning a change of high-water mark, whereby land is gained.
- (n.) A neglect or omission as if by willful abandonment.
- (n.) The act of leaving with an intention not to reclaim or resume; an utter forsaking abandonment.
- (n.) The state of being left or abandoned.