• Designating Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Designate
• Designate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To indicate or set apart for a purpose or duty; -- with to or for; to designate an officer for or to the command of a post or station.
- (v. t.) To call by a distinctive title; to name.
- (v. t.) Designated; appointed; chosen.
- (v. t.) To mark out and make known; to point out; to name; to indicate; to show; to distinguish by marks or description; to specify; as, to designate the boundaries of a country; to designate the rioters who are to be arrested.