• Destruct Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To destroy.
• Destructive Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Causing destruction; tending to bring about ruin, death, or devastation; ruinous; fatal; productive of serious evil; mischievous; pernicious; -- often with of or to; as, intemperance is destructive of health; evil examples are destructive to the morals of youth.
- (n.) One who destroys; a radical reformer; a destructionist.
• Destructor Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A destroyer.
- (n.) A furnace or oven for the burning or carbonizing of refuse
- (n.) a furnace (called in full refuse destructor) in which the more solid constituents of sewage are burnt. Destructors are often so constructed as to utilize refuse as fuel.