• Detailed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Detail
• Detail Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A minute portion; one of the small parts; a particular; an item; -- used chiefly in the plural; as, the details of a scheme or transaction.
- (n.) To relate in particulars; to particularize; to report minutely and distinctly; to enumerate; to specify; as, he detailed all the facts in due order.
- (n.) A narrative which relates minute points; an account which dwells on particulars.
- (n.) To tell off or appoint for a particular service, as an officer, a troop, or a squadron.
- (n.) The selection for a particular service of a person or a body of men; hence, the person or the body of men so selected.
- (n.) A minor part, as, in a building, the cornice, caps of the buttresses, capitals of the columns, etc., or (called larger details) a porch, a gable with its windows, a pavilion, or an attached tower.
- (n.) A detail drawing.