• Determine Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To bring to a conclusion, as a question or controversy; to settle authoritative or judicial sentence; to decide; as, the court has determined the cause.
- (v. t.) To ascertain definitely; to find out the specific character or name of; to assign to its true place in a system; as, to determine an unknown or a newly discovered plant or its name.
- (v. t.) To define or limit by adding a differentia.
- (v. t.) To fix the boundaries of; to mark off and separate.
- (v. t.) To fix the course of; to impel and direct; -- with a remoter object preceded by to; as, anothers will determined me to this course.
- (v. t.) To set bounds to; to fix the determination of; to limit; to bound; to bring to an end; to finish.
- (v. t.) To ascertain the presence, quantity, or amount of; as, to determine the parallax; to determine the salt in sea water.
- (v. t.) To fix the form or character of; to shape; to prescribe imperatively; to regulate; to settle.
- (v. i.) To come to a decision; to decide; to resolve; -- often with on.
- (v. t.) To resolve on; to have a fixed intention of; also, to cause to come to a conclusion or decision; to lead; as, this determined him to go immediately.
- (v. i.) To come to an end; to end; to terminate.
• Determinedly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a determined manner; with determination.
• Determiner Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, determines or decides.