• Devote Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Devoted; addicted; devout.
- (v. t.) To give up wholly; to addict; to direct the attention of wholly or compound; to attach; -- often with a reflexive pronoun; as, to devote ones self to science, to ones friends, to piety, etc.
- (v. t.) To execrate; to curse.
- (n.) A devotee.
- (v. t.) To appropriate by vow; to set apart or dedicate by a solemn act; to consecrate; also, to consign over; to doom; to evil; to devote one to destruction; the city was devoted to the flames.
• Devotee Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who is wholly devoted; esp., one given wholly to religion; one who is superstitiously given to religious duties and ceremonies; a bigot.