• Digit Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the ten figures or symbols, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, by which all numbers are expressed; -- so called because of the use of the fingers in counting and computing.
- (n.) A fingers breadth, commonly estimated to be three fourths of an inch.
- (n.) One twelfth part of the diameter of the sun or moon; -- a term used to express the quantity of an eclipse; as, an eclipse of eight digits is one which hides two thirds of the diameter of the disk.
- (n.) One of the terminal divisions of a limb appendage; a finger or toe.
- (v. t.) To point at or out with the finger.
• Digitation Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A division into fingers or fingerlike processes; also, a fingerlike process.
• Digitigrade Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An animal that walks on its toes, as the cat, lion, wolf, etc.; -- distinguished from a plantigrade, which walks on the palm of the foot.
- (a.) Walking on the toes; -- distinguished from plantigrade.