• Dilate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To expand; to distend; to enlarge or extend in all directions; to swell; -- opposed to contract; as, the air dilates the lungs; air is dilated by increase of heat.
- (v. i.) To speak largely and copiously; to dwell in narration; to enlarge; -- with on or upon.
- (a.) Extensive; expanded.
- (v. t.) To enlarge upon; to relate at large; to tell copiously or diffusely.
- (v. i.) To grow wide; to expand; to swell or extend in all directions.
• Dilatedly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a dilated manner.
• Dilater Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, dilates, expands, o r enlarges.