• Diminish Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To lessen the authority or dignity of; to put down; to degrade; to abase; to weaken.
- (v. t.) To make smaller in any manner; to reduce in bulk or amount; to lessen; -- opposed to augment or increase.
- (v. t.) To take away; to subtract.
- (v. t.) To make smaller by a half step; to make (an interval) less than minor; as, a diminished seventh.
- (v. i.) To become or appear less or smaller; to lessen; as, the apparent size of an object diminishes as we recede from it.
• Diminishable Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Capable of being diminished or lessened.