• Dionysia Definition & Synonyms
- (n. pl.) Any of the festivals held in honor of the Olympian god Dionysus. They correspond to the Roman Bacchanalia; the greater Dionysia were held at Athens in March or April, and were celebrated with elaborate performances of both tragedies and comedies.
• Dionysian Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Relating to Dionysius, a monk of the 6th century; as, the Dionysian, or Christian, era.
• Dionysiac Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Of or pertaining to Dionysus or to the Dionysia; Bacchic; as, a Dionysiac festival; the Dionysiac theater at Athens.