• Disappoint Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To frustrate; to fail; to hinder of result.
- (v. t.) To defeat of expectation or hope; to hinder from the attainment of that which was expected, hoped, or desired; to balk; as, a man is disappointed of his hopes or expectations, or his hopes, desires, intentions, expectations, or plans are disappointed; a bad season disappoints the farmer of his crops; a defeat disappoints an enemy of his spoil.
• Disappointing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Disappoint
• Disappointment Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) That which disappoints.
- (n.) The act of disappointing, or the state of being disappointed; defeat or failure of expectation or hope; miscarriage of design or plan; frustration.