• Disc Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A flat round plate
- (n.) A circular structure either in plants or animals; as, a blood disc, a germinal disc, etc. Same as Disk.
• Discalceate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To pull off shoes or sandals from.
• Discard Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of discarding; also, the card or cards discarded.
- (v. t.) To cast off as useless or as no longer of service; to dismiss from employment, confidence, or favor; to discharge; to turn away.
- (v. i.) To make a discard.
- (v. t.) To put or thrust away; to reject.
- (v. t.) To throw out of ones hand, as superfluous cards; to lay aside (a card or cards).