• Discord Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) To disagree; to be discordant; to jar; to clash; not to suit.
- (v. i.) Union of musical sounds which strikes the ear harshly or disagreeably, owing to the incommensurability of the vibrations which they produce; want of musical concord or harmony; a chord demanding resolution into a concord.
- (v. i.) Want of concord or agreement; absence of unity or harmony in sentiment or action; variance leading to contention and strife; disagreement; -- applied to persons or to things, and to thoughts, feelings, or purposes.
• Discordous Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Full of discord.
• Discordful Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Full of discord; contentious.