• Discouraged Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Discourage
• Discourage Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Lack of courage; cowardliness.
- (v. t.) To dishearten one with respect to; to discountenance; to seek to check by disfavoring; to deter one from; as, they discouraged his efforts.
- (v. t.) To extinguish the courage of; to dishearten; to depress the spirits of; to deprive of confidence; to deject; -- the opposite of encourage; as, he was discouraged in his undertaking; he need not be discouraged from a like attempt.