• Discourse Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To treat of something in writing and formally.
- (v. i.) To relate something; to tell.
- (n.) The power of the mind to reason or infer by running, as it were, from one fact or reason to another, and deriving a conclusion; an exercise or act of this power; reasoning; range of reasoning faculty.
- (v. t.) To utter or give forth; to speak.
- (v. i.) To express ones self in oral discourse; to expose ones views; to talk in a continuous or formal manner; to hold forth; to speak; to converse.
- (n.) Dealing; transaction.
- (n.) Consecutive speech, either written or unwritten, on a given line of thought; speech; treatise; dissertation; sermon, etc.; as, the preacher gave us a long discourse on duty.
- (n.) Conversation; talk.
- (v. t.) To talk to; to confer with.
- (v. i.) To exercise reason; to employ the mind in judging and inferring; to reason.
- (n.) The art and manner of speaking and conversing.
- (v. t.) To treat of; to expose or set forth in language.
• Discourser Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The writer of a treatise or dissertation.
- (n.) One who discourse; a narrator; a speaker; an haranguer.