• Discrediting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Discredit
• Discredit Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To refuse credence to; not to accept as true; to disbelieve; as, the report is discredited.
- (n.) Hence, some degree of dishonor or disesteem; ill repute; reproach; -- applied to persons or things.
- (v. t.) To deprive of credibility; to destroy confidence or trust in; to cause disbelief in the accuracy or authority of.
- (v. t.) To deprive of credit or good repute; to bring reproach upon; to make less reputable; to disgrace.
- (n.) The act of discrediting or disbelieving, or the state of being discredited or disbelieved; as, later accounts have brought the story into discredit.