• Disdain Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To be filled with scorn; to feel contemptuous anger; to be haughty.
- (v. t.) A feeling of contempt and aversion; the regarding anything as unworthy of or beneath one; scorn.
- (v. t.) To think unworthy; to deem unsuitable or unbecoming; as, to disdain to do a mean act.
- (v. t.) That which is worthy to be disdained or regarded with contempt and aversion.
- (v. t.) The state of being despised; shame.
- (v. t.) To reject as unworthy of ones self, or as not deserving ones notice; to look with scorn upon; to scorn, as base acts, character, etc.
• Disdained Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Disdain
- (a.) Disdainful.
• Disdainishly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) Disdainfully.