• Disengaged Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Disengage
- (a.) Not engaged; free from engagement; at leisure; free from occupation or care; vacant.
• Disengage Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To release ones self; to become detached; to free ones self.
- (v. t.) To release from that with which anything is engaged, engrossed, involved, or entangled; to extricate; to detach; to set free; to liberate; to clear; as, to disengage one from a party, from broils and controversies, from an oath, promise, or occupation; to disengage the affections a favorite pursuit, the mind from study.