• Dishonoring Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Dishonor
• Dishonor Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To deprive of honor; to disgrace; to bring reproach or shame on; to treat with indignity, or as unworthy in the sight of others; to stain the character of; to lessen the reputation of; as, the duelist dishonors himself to maintain his honor.
- (n.) Lack of honor; disgrace; ignominy; shame; reproach.
- (n.) The nonpayment or nonacceptance of commercial paper by the party on whom it is drawn.
- (v. t.) To refuse or decline to accept or pay; -- said of a bill, check, note, or draft which is due or presented; as, to dishonor a bill exchange.
- (v. t.) To violate the chastity of; to debauch.