• Disk Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The whole surface of a leaf.
- (n.) The circular figure of a celestial body, as seen projected of the heavens.
- (n.) A discus; a quoit.
- (n.) In owls, the space around the eyes.
- (n.) A circular structure either in plants or animals; as, a blood disk; germinal disk, etc.
- (n.) The lower side of the body of some invertebrates, especially when used for locomotion, when it is often called a creeping disk.
- (n.) A flat, circular plate; as, a disk of metal or paper.
- (n.) A part of the receptacle enlarged or expanded under, or around, or even on top of, the pistil.
- (n.) The central part of a radiate compound flower, as in sunflower.
- (n.) The anterior surface or oral area of coelenterate animals, as of sea anemones.
• Diskindness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Unkindness; disservice.
• Disk clutch Definition & Synonyms
- () A friction clutch in which the gripping surfaces are disks or more or less resemble disks.