• Dispatch Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) The act of sending a message or messenger in haste or on important business.
- (v. t.) To dispose of speedily, as business; to execute quickly; to make a speedy end of; to finish; to perform.
- (v. t.) To get rid of by sending off; to send away hastily.
- (v. t.) A message transmitted by telegraph.
- (v. t.) A message dispatched or sent with speed; especially, an important official letter sent from one public officer to another; -- often used in the plural; as, a messenger has arrived with dispatches for the American minister; naval or military dispatches.
- (v. t.) To rid; to free.
- (v. t.) To send out of the world; to put to death.
- (v. t.) To send off or away; -- particularly applied to sending off messengers, messages, letters, etc., on special business, and implying haste.
- (v. i.) To make haste; to conclude an affair; to finish a matter of business.
- (v. t.) Any sending away; dismissal; riddance.
- (v. t.) The finishing up of a business; speedy performance, as of business; prompt execution; diligence; haste.
• Dispatched Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Dispatch
• Dispatching Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Dispatch