• Dispensing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Dispense
• Dispense Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To deal out in portions; to distribute; to give; as, the steward dispenses provisions according directions; Nature dispenses her bounties; to dispense medicines.
- (n.) Expense; profusion; outlay.
- (v. t.) Dispensation; exemption.
- (v. i.) To give dispensation.
- (v. t.) To exempt; to excuse; to absolve; -- with from.
- (v. t.) To pay for; to atone for.
- (v. i.) To compensate; to make up; to make amends.
- (v. t.) To apply, as laws to particular cases; to administer; to execute; to manage; to direct.