• Displayed Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) With wings expanded; -- said of a bird of pray, esp. an eagle.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Display
- (a.) Unfolded; expanded; exhibited conspicuously or ostentatiously.
- (a.) Set with lines of prominent type interspersed, to catch the eye.
• Display Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To make an exhibition of; to set in view conspicuously or ostentatiously; to exhibit for the sake of publicity; to parade.
- (v. t.) To unfold; to spread wide; to expand; to stretch out; to spread.
- (v. t.) To discover; to descry.
- (v. t.) To make conspicuous by large or prominent type.
- (v. i.) To make a display; to act as one making a show or demonstration.
- (n.) An opening or unfolding; exhibition; manifestation.
- (n.) Ostentatious show; exhibition for effect; parade.
- (v. t.) To extend the front of (a column), bringing it into line.
- (v. t.) To spread before the view; to show; to exhibit to the sight, or to the mind; to make manifest.