• Disposed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Dispose
- (p. a.) Inclined to mirth; jolly.
- (p. a.) Inclined; minded.
• Dispose Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To regulate; to adjust; to settle; to determine.
- (n.) Disposal; ordering; management; power or right of control.
- (v. t.) To give a tendency or inclination to; to adapt; to cause to turn; especially, to incline the mind of; to give a bent or propension to; to incline; to make inclined; -- usually followed by to, sometimes by for before the indirect object.
- (v. t.) To deal out; to assign to a use; to bestow for an object or purpose; to apply; to employ; to dispose of.
- (v. i.) To bargain; to make terms.
- (v. t.) To distribute and put in place; to arrange; to set in order; as, to dispose the ships in the form of a crescent.
- (v. t.) To exercise finally ones power of control over; to pass over into the control of some one else, as by selling; to alienate; to part with; to relinquish; to get rid of; as, to dispose of a house; to dispose of ones time.
- (n.) Cast of mind; disposition; inclination; behavior; demeanor.
• Disposedness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The state of being disposed or inclined; inclination; propensity.