• Disputing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Dispute
• Dispute Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) Contest; struggle; quarrel.
- (v. i.) Verbal controversy; contest by opposing argument or expression of opposing views or claims; controversial discussion; altercation; debate.
- (v. i.) To contend in argument; to argue against something maintained, upheld, or claimed, by another; to discuss; to reason; to debate; to altercate; to wrangle.
- (v. t.) To make a subject of disputation; to argue pro and con; to discuss.
- (v. t.) To strive or contend about; to contest.
- (v. t.) To struggle against; to resist.
- (v. t.) To oppose by argument or assertion; to attempt to overthrow; to controvert; to express dissent or opposition to; to call in question; to deny the truth or validity of; as, to dispute assertions or arguments.