• Dissecting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Dissect
- (a.) Of or pertaining to, or received during, a dissection; as, a dissecting wound.
- (a.) Used for or in dissecting; as, a dissecting knife; a dissecting microscope.
- (a.) Dividing or separating the parts of an animal or vegetable body; as, a dissecting aneurism, one which makes its way between or within the coats of an artery.
• Dissect Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To divide into separate parts; to cut in pieces; to separate and expose the parts of, as an animal or a plant, for examination and to show their structure and relations; to anatomize.
- (v. t.) To analyze, for the purposes of science or criticism; to divide and examine minutely.