• Dissipated Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Wasteful of health, money, etc., in the pursuit of pleasure; dissolute; intemperate.
- (a.) Squandered; scattered.
- (imp. & p. p.) of Dissipate
• Dissipate Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To separate into parts and disappear; to waste away; to scatter; to disperse; to vanish; as, a fog or cloud gradually dissipates before the rays or heat of the sun; the heat of a body dissipates.
- (v. t.) To destroy by wasteful extravagance or lavish use; to squander.
- (v. t.) To scatter completely; to disperse and cause to disappear; -- used esp. of the dispersion of things that can never again be collected or restored.
- (v. i.) To be extravagant, wasteful, or dissolute in the pursuit of pleasure; to engage in dissipation.