• Dissolve Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To annul; to rescind; to discharge or release; as, to dissolve an injunction.
- (v. i.) To become fluid; to be melted; to be liquefied.
- (v. i.) To fade away; to fall to nothing; to lose power.
- (v. t.) To convert into a liquid by means of heat, moisture, etc.,; to melt; to liquefy; to soften.
- (v. t.) To break the continuity of; to disconnect; to disunite; to sunder; to loosen; to undo; to separate.
- (v. t.) To solve; to clear up; to resolve.
- (v. t.) To separate into competent parts; to disorganize; to break up; hence, to bring to an end by separating the parts, sundering a relation, etc.; to terminate; to destroy; to deprive of force; as, to dissolve a partnership; to dissolve Parliament.
- (v. i.) To waste away; to be dissipated; to be decomposed or broken up.
- (v. t.) To relax by pleasure; to make powerless.
• Dissolver Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who, or that which, has power to dissolve or dissipate.