• Distinction Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of distinguishing or denoting the differences between objects, or the qualities by which one is known from others; exercise of discernment; discrimination.
- (n.) Estimation of difference; regard to differences or distinguishing circumstance.
- (n.) Conspicuous station; eminence; superiority; honorable estimation; as, a man of distinction.
- (n.) That which distinguishes one thing from another; distinguishing quality; sharply defined difference; as, the distinction between real and apparent good.
- (n.) A marking off by visible signs; separation into parts; division.