• Distract Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Insane; mad.
- (v. t.) To draw apart or away; to divide; to disjoin.
- (v. t.) To draw (the sight, mind, or attention) in different directions; to perplex; to confuse; as, to distract the eye; to distract the attention.
- (v. t.) To agitate by conflicting passions, or by a variety of motives or of cares; to confound; to harass.
- (a.) Separated; drawn asunder.
- (v. t.) To unsettle the reason of; to render insane; to craze; to madden; -- most frequently used in the participle, distracted.
• Distracting Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Distract
- (a.) Tending or serving to distract.
• Distraction Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The act of distracting; a drawing apart; separation.
- (n.) A diversity of direction; detachment.
- (n.) State in which the attention is called in different ways; confusion; perplexity.
- (n.) Derangement of the mind; madness.
- (n.) Agitation from violent emotions; perturbation of mind; despair.
- (n.) That which diverts attention; a diversion.
- (n.) Confusion of affairs; tumult; disorder; as, political distractions.