• Dived Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Dive
• Dive Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To plunge into water head foremost; to thrust the body under, or deeply into, water or other fluid.
- (v. i.) Fig.: To plunge or to go deeply into any subject, question, business, etc.; to penetrate; to explore.
- (v. t.) To explore by diving; to plunge into.
- (n.) A place of low resort.
- (v. t.) To plunge (a person or thing) into water; to dip; to duck.
- (n.) A plunge headforemost into water, the act of one who dives, literally or figuratively.
- (pl. ) of Diva
• Divedapper Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A water fowl; the didapper. See Dabchick.