• Diverging Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Diverge
- (a.) Tending in different directions from a common center; spreading apart; divergent.
• Diverge Definition & Synonyms
- (v. i.) To extend from a common point in different directions; to tend from one point and recede from each other; to tend to spread apart; to turn aside or deviate (as from a given direction); -- opposed to converge; as, rays of light diverge as they proceed from the sun.
- (v. i.) To differ from a typical form; to vary from a normal condition; to dissent from a creed or position generally held or taken.
• Divergingly Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) In a diverging manner.