• Division Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One of the groups into which a fleet is divided.
- (n.) Disunion; difference in opinion or feeling; discord; variance; alienation.
- (n.) A course of notes so running into each other as to form one series or chain, to be sung in one breath to one syllable.
- (n.) Two companies of infantry maneuvering as one subdivision of a battalion.
- (n.) Separation of the members of a deliberative body, esp. of the Houses of Parliament, to ascertain the vote.
- (n.) Difference of condition; state of distinction; distinction; contrast.
- (n.) The separation of a genus into its constituent species.
- (n.) That which divides or keeps apart; a partition.
- (n.) The distribution of a discourse into parts; a part so distinguished.
- (n.) The portion separated by the divining of a mass or body; a distinct segment or section.
- (n.) The process of finding how many times one number or quantity is contained in another; the reverse of multiplication; also, the rule by which the operation is performed.
- (n.) The act or process of diving anything into parts, or the state of being so divided; separation.
- (n.) A grade or rank in classification; a portion of a tribe or of a class; or, in some recent authorities, equivalent to a subkingdom.
- (n.) One of the larger districts into which a country is divided for administering military affairs.
- (n.) Two or more brigades under the command of a general officer.
• Divisionally Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) So as to be divisional.
• Divisionor Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) One who divides or makes division.