• Divorce Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A legal dissolution of the marriage contract by a court or other body having competent authority. This is properly a divorce, and called, technically, divorce a vinculo matrimonii.
- (n.) To dissolve the marriage contract of, either wholly or partially; to separate by divorce.
- (n.) The decree or writing by which marriage is dissolved.
- (n.) To make away; to put away.
- (n.) Separation; disunion of things closely united.
- (n.) The separation of a married woman from the bed and board of her husband -- divorce a mensa et toro (/ thoro), "from bed board."
- (n.) To separate or disunite; to sunder.
- (n.) That which separates.
• Divorcer Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The person or cause that produces or effects a divorce.