• Docket Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) An abridged entry of a judgment or proceeding in an action, or register or such entries; a book of original, kept by clerks of courts, containing a formal list of the names of parties, and minutes of the proceedings, in each case in court.
- (v. t.) To mark with a ticket; as, to docket goods.
- (v. t.) To make a brief abstract of and inscribe in a book; as, judgments regularly docketed.
- (n.) A bill tied to goods, containing some direction, as the name of the owner, or the place to which they are to be sent; a label.
- (v. t.) To make a brief abstract of (a writing) and indorse it on the back of the paper, or to indorse the title or contents on the back of; to summarize; as, to docket letters and papers.
- (v. t.) To enter or inscribe in a docket, or list of causes for trial.
- (n.) A list or calendar of causes ready for hearing or trial, prepared for the use of courts by the clerks.
- (n.) A small piece of paper or parchment, containing the heads of a writing; a summary or digest.
- (n.) A list or calendar of business matters to be acted on in any assembly.
• Docketing Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Docket
• Docketed Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Docket