• Dodged Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Dodge
• Dodge Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To follow by dodging, or suddenly shifting from place to place.
- (v. t.) Fig.: To evade by craft; as, to dodge a question; to dodge responsibility.
- (v. i.) To evade a duty by low craft; to practice mean shifts; to use tricky devices; to play fast and loose; to quibble.
- (v. i.) To start suddenly aside, as to avoid a blow or a missile; to shift place by a sudden start.
- (v. t.) To evade by a sudden shift of place; to escape by starting aside; as, to dodge a blow aimed or a ball thrown.
- (n.) The act of evading by some skillful movement; a sudden starting aside; hence, an artful device to evade, deceive, or cheat; a cunning trick; an artifice.