• Dome Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any erection resembling the dome or cupola of a building; as the upper part of a furnace, the vertical steam chamber on the top of a boiler, etc.
- (n.) A building; a house; an edifice; -- used chiefly in poetry.
- (n.) A prism formed by planes parallel to a lateral axis which meet above in a horizontal edge, like the roof of a house; also, one of the planes of such a form.
- (n.) Decision; judgment; opinion; a court decision.
- (n.) A cupola formed on a large scale.
• Domebook Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A book said to have been compiled under the direction of King Alfred. It is supposed to have contained the principal maxims of the common law, the penalties for misdemeanors, and the forms of judicial proceedings. Domebook was probably a general name for book of judgments.