• Downward Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Tending to a lower condition or state; depressed; dejected; as, downward thoughts.
- (a.) Moving or extending from a higher to a lower place; tending toward the earth or its center, or toward a lower level; declivous.
- (a.) Descending from a head, origin, or source; as, a downward line of descent.
- (adv.) Alt. of Downwards
• Downwards Definition & Synonyms
- (adv.) From a remote time; from an ancestor or predecessor; from one to another in a descending line.
- (adv.) From a higher place to a lower; in a descending course; as, to tend, move, roll, look, or take root, downward or downwards.
- (adv.) From a higher to a lower condition; toward misery, humility, disgrace, or ruin.