• Dram Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A weight; in Apothecaries weight, one eighth part of an ounce, or sixty grains; in Avoirdupois weight, one sixteenth part of an ounce, or 27.34375 grains.
- (n.) A minute quantity; a mite.
- (v. i. & t.) To drink drams; to ply with drams.
- (n.) As much spirituous liquor as is usually drunk at once; as, a dram of brandy; hence, a potation or potion; as, a dram of poison.
- (n.) A Persian daric.
• Drama Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Dramatic composition and the literature pertaining to or illustrating it; dramatic literature.
- (n.) A series of real events invested with a dramatic unity and interest.
- (n.) A composition, in prose or poetry, accommodated to action, and intended to exhibit a picture of human life, or to depict a series of grave or humorous actions of more than ordinary interest, tending toward some striking result. It is commonly designed to be spoken and represented by actors on the stage.