• Dredged Definition & Synonyms
- (imp. & p. p.) of Dredge
• Dredge Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) Any instrument used to gather or take by dragging; as: (a) A dragnet for taking up oysters, etc., from their beds. (b) A dredging machine. (c) An iron frame, with a fine net attached, used in collecting animals living at the bottom of the sea.
- (v. t.) To sift or sprinkle flour, etc., on, as on roasting meat.
- (n.) Very fine mineral matter held in suspension in water.
- (v. t.) To catch or gather with a dredge; to deepen with a dredging machine.
- (n.) A mixture of oats and barley.