• Droving Definition & Synonyms
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Drove
• Drove Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A road for driving cattle; a driftway.
- (imp.) of Drive
- (n.) A narrow drain or channel used in the irrigation of land.
- (n.) The grooved surface of stone finished by the drove chisel; -- called also drove work.
- (n.) A crowd of people in motion.
- (n.) A broad chisel used to bring stone to a nearly smooth surface; -- called also drove chisel.
- (n.) A collection of cattle driven, or cattle collected for driving; a number of animals, as oxen, sheep, or swine, driven in a body.
- (imp.) of Drive.
- (n.) Any collection of irrational animals, moving or driving forward; as, a finny drove.
- (n.) To drive, as cattle or sheep, esp. on long journeys; to follow the occupation of a drover.
- (n.) To finish, as stone, with a drove or drove chisel.