• Ducking Definition & Synonyms
- () n. & a., from Duck, v. t. & i.
- (p. pr. & vb. n.) of Duck
• Duck Definition & Synonyms
- (v. t.) To plunge the head of under water, immediately withdrawing it; as, duck the boy.
- (v. t.) Any bird of the subfamily Anatinae, family Anatidae.
- (v. t.) To bow; to bob down; to move quickly with a downward motion.
- (n.) A linen (or sometimes cotton) fabric, finer and lighter than canvas, -- used for the lighter sails of vessels, the sacking of beds, and sometimes for mens clothing.
- (v. i.) To go under the surface of water and immediately reappear; to dive; to plunge the head in water or other liquid; to dip.
- (v. t.) A sudden inclination of the bead or dropping of the person, resembling the motion of a duck in water.
- (n.) The light clothes worn by sailors in hot climates.
- (n.) A pet; a darling.
- (v. t.) To thrust or plunge under water or other liquid and suddenly withdraw.
- (v. i.) To drop the head or person suddenly; to bow.