• Dumb Definition & Synonyms
- (a.) Lacking brightness or clearness, as a color.
- (a.) Destitute of the power of speech; unable; to utter articulate sounds; as, the dumb brutes.
- (a.) Not willing to speak; mute; silent; not speaking; not accompanied by words; as, dumb show.
- (v. t.) To put to silence.
• Dumb-bell Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) A weight, consisting of two spheres or spheroids, connected by a short bar for a handle; used (often in pairs) for gymnastic exercise.
• Dumbness Definition & Synonyms
- (n.) The quality or state of being dumb; muteness; silence; inability to speak.